Monday, March 2, 2009

Wheat Crepes

I love crepes! They are easy, and you can be creative as you want! I love to have them for a meal, some with sweet some savory filling! These are made with whole wheat flour!



Whole Wheat Crepes
(recipe by Stephanie)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 1/2 cup milk
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down sides as necessary.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, (or overnight).
3. Lightly oil a preheated crepe pan, or a small non stick skillet. Pour a little less than 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet and quickly tilt the pan in a circular motion until batter is spread evenly around the bottom of the skillet. (If you like thinner crepes, use 2 tablespoons of batter. I like mine thicker.)
4. Cook the crepe until bubbly and browned on the bottom (about 30 seconds). Carefully flip the crepe over using a long spatula. Cook for another 20 seconds or until bottom is lightly browned.
5. Fill with desired toppings and roll or fold. Enjoy!

Some desired filling ideas:
Savory- Scrambled eggs and cheese, salsa, sauted onion
Sweet- dice up any fruit you have. I used blueberries, oranges, apples, and some almonds. Mix with yogurt and cool whip.
Also, I like to use fresh or frozen strawberries, toppped with whip cream and chocolate sauce
Lemon juice and powdered sugar is good too! Enjoy!

1 comment:

McKenna Cotton said...

i love crepes too- too bad my family does NOT so I never get to make them. I did make them on Christmas morning as a gift to me :)