Recipe from Big Oven
5 chicken breasts
2 T oil
1 t garlic
1/4 C apple or pineapple juice
1/3 C brown sugar
2 T ketchup
1 T apple cider vinegar
1/2 C water
1/3 C soy sauce
pinch red pepper flakes
1 T cornstarch
1. Cut your chicken into small 1-2 inch pieces with some kitchen scissors.
2. Heat up a large skillet over medium high heat. Once it is hot, pour
2 T Olive Oil into it.
3. Add your chicken pieces to the pan and let them cook for about
10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. The chicken will start to get a bit juicy and bubbly. Put the lid on the
pan, slightly tilted and drain the juices out into the sink. Return the
pan to the stove top and continue cooking over medium high heat.
5. Into a medium sized mixing bowl combine 1 t garlic, 1/4 C apple
or pineapple juice, 1/3 C brown sugar, 2 T ketchup, 1 T apple cider vinegar,
1/2 C water, 1/3 C soy sauce, a pinch of red pepper flakes and 1 T cornstarch.
Whisk it all together until the cornstarch is dissolved and all ingredients are
6. When your chicken has a nice brown sear on some of the pieces...
pour the sauce into the pan. Stir it around to cover all the chicken pieces.
7. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cover the pan with the lid at an angle
to allow some of the steam to escape. Let this baby simmer away for about 20
minutes, stirring a couple of times during the cooking period.
8. Serve over white or brown rice.
Friday, January 20, 2012
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Made these today- I was fooling around with a couple different recipes and came up with this one. My family told me to frame it, so I guess it's worth posting :)
¼ Cup of oil
¾ cup honey
¼ cup of butter
¼ cup of water
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp. salt
¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2/3 cup chocolate chips
3 to 31/2 cups Grain mix Flour
Measure oil and honey, pour into mixing bowl
Add butter and beat until creamy
Add other ingredients, gently fold in flour
Form into balls and flatten with a fork
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 -12 min.
THE ULTIMATE OATMEAL COOKIE
¾ Cup oil
½ Cup honey
¼ Cup molasses ¼ Cup water
½ Cup pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp baking soda
2 Cups rolled oats
½ cup raisins or dried cranberries
21/2 cup Grain Mix flour
Combine all bake at 350 8 min.
Friday, January 6, 2012
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 stalks green onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
2. Mix together quinoa, carrot, egg, green onion, garlic, cilantro, cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
3. Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each).
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.