Coconut Curry Chicken
This is a new recipe I basically found a better one than before. I found it on Utah Deal Diva's site. I have made this many times and we love it. It is inexpensive, and you get a great coconut taste!
I use this recipe using my Freezer Bag Method. I just freeze the chicken breasts all trimmed and ready to go, then the day of cooking, add all the ingredients to the crockpot.
• 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 2 large breasts)
• 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 ½ tablespoons curry powder
• 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed, diced tomatoes
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• salt and pepper to taste
• Assemble ingredients. You can purchase the Coconut Milk at Wal-Mart for $1.28. The curry seasoning I bought was also at Wal-Mart for $1.40.
• Dice onion & cut up chicken. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
• Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add curry and mix thoroughly. Let flavors meld for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is mostly cooked through.
• Transfer mixture to a heated crock pot. Add coconut milk, tomatoes, and sugar and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 2-3 hours.
• Cook 2.5 cups of rice according to package directions. Serve chicken over rice. Enjoy!