Recipe from Big Oven
5 chicken breasts
2 T oil
1 t garlic
1/4 C apple or pineapple juice
1/3 C brown sugar
2 T ketchup
1 T apple cider vinegar
1/2 C water
1/3 C soy sauce
pinch red pepper flakes
1 T cornstarch
1. Cut your chicken into small 1-2 inch pieces with some kitchen scissors.
2. Heat up a large skillet over medium high heat. Once it is hot, pour
2 T Olive Oil into it.
3. Add your chicken pieces to the pan and let them cook for about
10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. The chicken will start to get a bit juicy and bubbly. Put the lid on the
pan, slightly tilted and drain the juices out into the sink. Return the
pan to the stove top and continue cooking over medium high heat.
5. Into a medium sized mixing bowl combine 1 t garlic, 1/4 C apple
or pineapple juice, 1/3 C brown sugar, 2 T ketchup, 1 T apple cider vinegar,
1/2 C water, 1/3 C soy sauce, a pinch of red pepper flakes and 1 T cornstarch.
Whisk it all together until the cornstarch is dissolved and all ingredients are
6. When your chicken has a nice brown sear on some of the pieces...
pour the sauce into the pan. Stir it around to cover all the chicken pieces.
7. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cover the pan with the lid at an angle
to allow some of the steam to escape. Let this baby simmer away for about 20
minutes, stirring a couple of times during the cooking period.
8. Serve over white or brown rice.