Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lunch Made Easier Ideas



I try to make lunches the night before school for the kids- but I usually end up not doing it! So, to make it easier I have started freezing the sandwiches that I make all at once on my Saturday baking day. This is when I also make the mini muffins and freeze them too. By the time they are ready to eat they have thawed and are just perfect. My kids never said one thing about something still being frozen. 
I also know that my kids love the lunchable pizza's and well, mira and I started making our own! (pictured above)
These are baked then cooled then put in a baggie, stuck in the freezer until that morning when i yank it out and stick it in the lunch box. 

TIP- if you are doing PB&J. Put peanut butter on both sides of the bread, jelly in the middle. It wont get soggy this way. 
TIP- if you are making turkey sandwiches. Use miracle whip not mayonnaise. Miracle whip wont separate like Mayo. 

This is a great time saver for me. Really, I love this idea.

No comments: