Looks like more work than it really is. Just assemble all the ingredients according to directions, then when ready to start putting together- it will go very fast. It's Heaven!
8 Slices of Bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 ripe avocado, pitted and skinned
1/2 C Buttermilk (or just add 1T vinegar to you milk and let sit 10 min!)
1/4 C Chopped red onion
2 tsp Lime Juice
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 C Cornmeal
1/3 C All-Purpose Flour
1 Egg, lightly beaten
2 Med-size firm, unripened tomatoes (about 3/4 pound), cored and cut 1/2 inch slices
2 T Canola oil
3 Romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
1. Cook Bacon in a large skillet and over med heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel-lined plate. Wipe out skillet.
2. While cooking bacon, prepare dressing; place avocado, buttermilk, onion, lime juice, 1/4 tsp each of salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a blender and puree until smooth; set aside
3. Stir together cornmeal, remaining 1.2 tsp salt and 1/4tsp each black pepper and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish; place flour and egg in their own separate shallow dish as well
4. Dip tomato slices in flour, then egg, then cornmeal mixture to coat
5. Heat Canola oil and 1T of the reserved bacon drippings in a skillet over high heat. Fry tomatoes in a single layer for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
6. Place Romaine lettuce in a large bowl and toss with bacon and 2/3 C of the avocado dressing; place about 2 cups salad on each plate and top with 2 or 3 fries tomato slices, Dollop with a little of the remaining dressing and serve.