Pickett Family Favorite! I had to find a recipe that was exactly like it. This one is amazingly close if not just as dang good! Looks like a lot of work, but really not much at all. Just do your prep and then it will take 10 minutes to cook and serve!
3 T. E.V.O.O
13-15 Chicken Tenderloins (Or you can use 2 large Boneless Chicken breast)
1 C Water Chestnuts
2/3 C Mushrooms
1 T. Chopped Onions
1 tsp. Garlic, minced
Ice burg Lettuce Leaves (Take apart and let soak in cold water while you prep this meal. It will get them real crisp)
1/4 C Sugar
1/2 C Water
2 T Soy Sauce
2 T Ketsup
2 T Rice Wine Vinegar
1 T Lemon Juice
1/8 tsp Sesame oil
1 T Water
1 T Hot Mustard (I leave this out for my kids sake)
2 tsp Water
1-2 tsp garlic and red chile paste (also leave out for the kidos)
Stir Fry Sauce
2 T Soy Sauce
2 T Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
1. Make special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
2. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Ketchup, Lemon Juice and sesame oil
3. Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you are ready to serve
4. Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well
5. Eventually add your mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture when your ready to serve.
6. Chop water chestnut, mushrooms, and onions into small pea sizes. Set aside.
7. Mince garlic, set aide. Have the stir fry sauce mixed and set aside.
8. Now place the Chicken, Water Chestnuts, Mushrooms, Garlic and Stir Fry Sauce in the Wok. Add the T of Oil, let flavors combine
9. Place this mixture in the lettuce and top with special sauce. YUMMO
Left over sauce- We never have any left over chicken but the special sauce makes more than we eat. So I make brown rice and place in romain lettuce, drizzle the special sauce over it and roll it up. It fills me up and makes great lunch for the next day!